Yep that's right. I'm gonna do my first detox ever. Not sure what to expect but lets see how far we get.
Today started early and I thought I might as well prepare my food intake of next week... So I started looking in a few cooking books to see what I can be inspired by with following my the rules of this detox regime:
"1 week - possibly longer- complete detox for beginners" - so no meat, no dairy, no eggs, no pasta or bread and no sugar... also no coffee, no black tea and no alcohol.
so what are we having?
Lots of self-made lemon juice with cayenne pepper (for the metabolism) and some maple syrup (for energy) - we're talking the good quality maple syrup btw - not the one with lots of additives .... and this concoction will be supplemented with fruit and veggies.
I dont want to set myself up to fail but on the other hand I want a proper detox so yes NO sugar but more importantly - for me - no bread - that might be a though one for me coming from Belgium and being brought up on nice quality bread. I love bread and have it every day... Also no biscuits or other sweet things .... only healthy snacks hum, hum it will be a challenge.
Anyway, after doing some research, I made a plan of what I'm going to eat and drink - yes just finished a bid on an online auction site and just was successful to get a nice juicer - looks sort of semi professional ;-) yes we are going to make our own juice from apples, carrots, celery etc!!
Going a detox shouldnt be boring I decided so I'm gonna have nice treats like cherries and other nice self-made fruit juice along with nuts - yep no soft drinks nor processed pre-made juice.
So what's my intake tomorrow?
breakfast:
700ml of lemon detox drink - hope it tastes not too bad - I start to wonder now ... cayenne pepper and maple syrup combined with lemon juice...
and fresh sweet grapefruit - one or two depending on how hungry I am.
morning tea:
apple
lunch:
700ml of lemon detox drink
and royal portion of fruit salad - plain without sugar nor yohurt/(ice) cream
afternoon tea(only if hungry):
banana to give me some energy
dinner(not too late - 6pm-ish):
700ml of lemon detox drink
and roasted pepper and kumara soup
cherries as dessert.
that's it for today!
btw have also one friend who will try to match my regime this week and another friend who will do exactly the opposite of what we will do.
He's only going to eat what we cant eat... but he won't eat what we will ...
I know a bit controversial but hey - that's part of the fun. He's a healthy bloke and skinny so it will be interesting to see how he will feel and look ;-) more about that soon!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Bas,
ReplyDeleteYou are scaring me man !!!! :-)
What's the problem ? I thought you were kind of healthy... :-) Anyhow, it's interesting to see the results of the experiments.
It would be good if you could also post some pictures of the food - I mean the liquids you are going to eat...
All the bas-t for you
Gotta go, some delicious fries with Andalouse wait for me...
Sultan
ben je zoveel verdikt misschien? Of drinken ze daar nog meer als bij ons ;-) grts en succes! Gino
ReplyDeleteHello Bas !
ReplyDeleteSeems like a great challenge... for summer, so that fits quite right, I guess. I wouldn't want to try it in icy, windy cold Belgium :( Thick, rich soups, "stoofvlees" with frietjes (!just like Sultan :), that's the kind of food we need with this weather!
I'll be following you for sure !
Good luck !!
Natasja