Not hungry until 11ish. Had a pear and I was fine.
Juice just before lunch time (11.45am). Mesculun Salad and tomatoes for lunch. Also a handful of Brazil nuts. Yummy.
Around 3 o'clock had an apple. Fine I was. My colleague asked if I wanted a sandwich (some leftovers from a meeting) - I was very tempted to say YES but realised the answer had to be NO... bummer. I just love bread. I think I miss it more than meat. I also don't like that I have constantly check packaging and realise that virtually everything has preservatives in it, or colouring agents or some funny number... Not good. Even sun dried tomatoes from a jar. Short story - only one way to avoid all this - DIY (do it yourself). Maybe the good old days were indeed "good" days from that perspective, house wives preparing food and preserving fruit etc. Nowadays it all needs to go fast and people have no time to cook. If it takes longer than 20min to prepare, a lot of people cant be bothered anymore... more processed food means also more unhealthy people. Why was obesity not a problem in the past but is now a big one? New Zealand is the 3rd fattest country in the world - haha I mean has the 3rd highest obesity level in the world (26.5%) after Mexico 30% and the USA with a whopping 34.#%. SHOCKING. Reasons given in this NZ Hearald article :
We're eating cheap but wrong food, we see advertised. Some parents aren't monitoring what their children are having and they are sitting in front of screens all day (TV, computer etc).
There seems to be also a link between poverty (or lower socio-demographics) and being overweight.
At 6.15pm another handful of Brazil nuts and some almonds. I think I could (almost) live on nuts. Not really but I'm glad they can be part of my detox regime!
After that I made a juice from 3 celery stalks and 3 carrots. Nice one. Wanted to added some water cress to give it some extra zing but didnt have that in the house.
Tonight I didnt feel like the detox juice after the carrot and celery juice I made before. Instead roasted capsicum, tomatoes & kumara soup. No cream with it. Tasted very nice. Second course: a big salad (tomatoes + mesculun lettuce again + almonds + pumpkin seeds + spring onion with olive oil + red wine vinegar + pepper & salt). Again very nice - dear I say.
Haven't heard from my anti-detox buddy. Might have to ring the hospital. I hope he is not dead after an overdose of SUGAR last night. To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment