So far so good. This morning I felt fine and had the regular detox juice again. This time I must have put less maple syrup in it as if felt much more acid. Eating an extra grape fruit probably didn't help. Had to eat a pear to soften the acid in my stomach. Luckily it didn't last for too long.
Yesterday, I mentioned I was going to watch a movie and caught up with my anti-detox buddy, my mate who is doing the opposite of my diet, (btw I would NOT recommend that anyone).
He started his day with a peanut butter and cheese sandwich (on soft white bread), a bowl of ice cream and a cup of tea with milk and sugar. When I saw him, he craved for fruit and veggies (he actually eats very healthily and doesnt eat fast food hamburgers etc normally ).
His lunch was made of bacon and egg pie and a apple turnover with whipped cream and a sugar crust. Yes the greasier for him, the better. Gosh... Dinner never really happened, he didn't feel hungry, so he ate some stuff like crackers and so but also some chocolate, white bread with peanut butter and a few glasses of wine. Yes I am not having that alcohol but yeah he can of course.
This can't be healthy. Luckily he is skinny and normally has a healthy diet, so one of of all the "badies" will be ok.
His meals today : fried egg and cheese toasted sandwich, cup of tea (with milk and sugar) and chocolate. Lots of soft drink. (replaced the water he would normally have). Lunch was processed meat sticks, a sausage roll and a small cake. Those cracker things called Le Snack - what an original brand name - were snacked on during the day (not because he is hungry but more for the sake of it). Dinner - again he isn't that hungry so he made a very greasy meal - Lots of butter with cheese and un-lean (fatty red) meat. Potato chips on the side with beer as well as ice cream and chocolate for dessert.
Right, back to my menu now!
After breakie, I had some banana at around 10am - I must admit I was needing some extra energy then.
Lunch, the regular detox juice (700ml) with a pear. That lasted me till 4pm when I got a little dip again. Another pear this time.
We're all good now. Just finished 2 massive plates of baked veggies - yes I WAS hungry(lots of kumara, red onion, yellow onion, 2 new potatoes, some pumpkin, capsicum and yes olive oil, pepper and salt and fresh herbs - thyme and oregano baked in the oven for about 4omin at 200 C.) It was devine... had a lovely guest for dinner who insisted on a second serving. So this detox thing doesn't mean I have to starve myself (or others) or flush like a crazy man. Just a few more times to the loo per day, that's all. I am surprised that I am not craving anything - lets keep it that way!
Dessert was cherries and an apricot. Now some fruit tea (ginger + hot water).
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment