Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 5 - wow

Another day has gone by and again without too much problems, tiredness or stress. In a way this detox thing makes it really easy - I don't have to think too much what I am going to eat as I know it already - or sort of.

Today a bit more cravings - I have to admit especially drinking just a water at after-works drinks wasn't easy. Also felt like eating some bread or some pasta, or even baking some banana bread...

Question - will I do this thing for 5 days only and wrap it up tonight or will I go for longer...? Let's think about that one.

Second Question - Would I wanna have what my buddy had today and yesterday?

Since the pie 2 days ago, he had a pizza, smothered with sour cream and a chip sandwich, a chocolate doughnut, some more sugary drinks, peanut butter and jam sandwiches (again! he must love those to bits), pieces of chocolate, hot chocolate, more Le Snacks, some meat and egg and beeeeer. Fast food chain burgers for lunch and dinner - oh my!! Note they are from different 'restaurants' for the VARIETY.

WOW - am I then missing out on that much then??? .... Or do I fancy any of the above???... eh not really ;-)

So can I do this for another 2 days... well probably I can but than I'll wrap it for sure - just want to have some carbs and maybe a piece of meat too! And also a glass of wine too. Alright - will try my best.

Ok today my intake:
breakfast - detox juice + handful brazil nuts. Was hungry around 10.30 again - banana to get me going till around lunch - detox juice again + apple. Pear at around 4pm. Was starving at around 5pm - Nuts, nuts and nuts again. Yep brazil, almonds and cashew nuts. Another juice made out of 4 apples, 2 pears and frozen berries - great... love my juicer.

One thing is sure I'm not hungry after all that. Tonight a birthday party - not sure what I'm going to drink - maybe I make myself a nice drink and take that with me as I need to have something in my hands - will try to be strong and stay away from all alcoholic drinks tonight. To be cont.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bas,
    Not been able to keep regular track on your detox diet (those wicked exams ;) but 5 days on end already, I must say, I do admire you ! The fruits and vegetables pictures look very tasteful indeed (and so much better than the 'greasy' pictures!). I feel you on the bread and the pasta though. Must be really hard. Looking forward to reading how the party went (detox wise that is ;p). Good luck for the last two days or maybe even longer... ?
    Cheers and keep up the good work,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete